NCEL Launches New Website
October 13, 2021
We’re excited to announce the launch of our new website!
Why The Redesign:
This past year was a momentous year of growth for the organization with expanded staff, membership, and informational offerings. As a result, we needed a new and dynamic site that could better support our network and showcase state policy work happening across the country.
How we accomplished this
The site is responsive to your needs – whether legislator, partner, or constituent – and is designed for you to easily find what you need.
- You can track bills, including enacted legislation and trends across states using our interactive map.
- Easily find and search for factsheets, policy options, state successes and more in our resource library.
- Keep up to date on the latest news emerging from state legislatures in our news and events section.
New Look, New Domain:
With the redesigned website, we are also updating our website URL from ncel.net to ncelenviro.org. This change helps to modernize our domain and provide branding uniformity across our website, email, and social media accounts.
- View our new email addresses: ncelenviro.org/team
- Follow us on social media: https://twitter.com/ncelenviro or https://www.facebook.com/ncelenviro/
Top Features To Explore:
We encourage you to explore all aspects of the new site! Below are some of the new features that we’ve added:
- Visit Our Policy Library:
- Interactive Bill Tracking Map – This map will be updated on a weekly basis during legislative sessions. Use it to look through bills pending in each state across issues areas.
- Searchable Resource Center – Find all factsheets, policy options, one-pagers, and NCEL infographics. The resource center is searchable and includes filters by issue, content type, and region.
- Glossary – Gain a deeper understanding of environmental issues and terms through our glossary page.
- New and Improved Issue Pages: You can search for issues by categories, find related issues, and easily view all issues in one location. Each issue page is complete with facts, current legislation, related resources, and related news.
- Highlighting Our Impact: Dive deeper into NCEL’s work by viewing our Impact page. The Legislative Session Analysis page highlights successful legislation from states following each session.
We want this new website to enable you to stay involved and up to date with us! Below are a few ways you can do that.
- Are you a legislator? Join our network and make us your remote environmental staff! – We can conduct research, connect you with colleagues across the country, and provide examples of similar policies in other states. Participation in the caucus is limited to state legislators and legislative staff. There is no charge for state legislators and staff to join.
- Sign up for NCEL’s First Reading newsletter – NCEL’s First Reading newsletter is open to anyone who wants to stay up to date on what’s happening across state legislatures. It will feature caucus and policy updates, legislator spotlights, upcoming NCEL events, and more.
- Share your thoughts on the new website or ask us questions.- Submit any thoughts or questions through our new comment form. Select the related topic area and our staff will be in touch with you soon.