A Note from the NCEL President on COVID-19
March 18, 2020
The NCEL Board and staff hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy during this time.
As COVID-19 spreads, I want to share how NCEL is responding to the pandemic.
We are implementing the following policies to ensure that we stay a safe distance from one another, and to do our part to help flatten the curve. As things are rapidly evolving, we continue to monitor and follow the latest guidance issued by medical professionals and the government.
Starting March 16:
- NCEL implemented a work-from-home policy for all staff.
- All work travel has been canceled for the next month.
- All meetings and engagements will be held via teleconferencing until further notice. We have not yet made a decision about the National Forum, but we will keep you notified when we do.
While many legislatures are shifting priorities to fight COVID-19 or pausing, NCEL is reducing some of our communications to members. However, we remain hard at work and are here to provide peer-to-peer connections and resources to legislators. Please contact us if there is an issue on which we can provide assistance during this time.
Below are resources showing some of the actions that state legislatures are taking across the country.
- Matrix of State Legislature Actions in Response to COVID-19 – Orrick
- List of COVID-19 Related State Legislation – NCSL
Stay safe, and thank you for your public service during this difficult time.